Makalu is the fifth highest mountain in the world and is considered the technical mountain to climb. Normally, four camps are set up in the approach excluding Advanced Base Camp which will be set up at 5,300m. We follow the lateral moraine, hike onto the glacier and set up Camp 1 at a glacial plateau at 6,150m. We further proceed along the glacier plateau in the direction to Makalu La, climbing stretches of steep slopes and arrive at the base of the Makalu La to set up Camp 2 at 7,000m. We climb the Messier Headwall towards the north west ridge at Makalu La and the site of Camp 3 at 7,300m. Camp 4 will be set up on the north ridge at 7,850m and we will climb up the couloir to reach the final ridge at the summit (8,462m).
Permit and Liaison Officer
- Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Makalu, National park & TIMS permit conservation entry permit & fee.
- 1 Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
- 4 night’s hotel in Kathmandu on bed & breakfast Basis-Twin bed Room.
Flight tickets (Domestic Flight) and transportation
- Kathmandu/ Tumlingtar /Kathmandu
- All the airport pick up and drop
- All the group transport in Nepal as per itinerary
Expedition Stuffs Transportation
- Necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs From Kathmandu to Tumlingtar (by air cargo/vehicle) and to Base camp (by Jeep and Porters) – While returning: Base camp to Tumlingtar (by porters and Jeep) and Tumlingtar to Kathmandu (by air cargo/vehicle). –Member’s personal equipment will be transport by air.
- Porters per member up to Base camp from Num & Porters return from Base camp to Num
Well Come Dinner
- One Welcome Dinner in tourist standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Office’s Staffs’
- 1 member 1 Climbing Sherpas
- Base camp and C 2 cook and kitchen helpers
- Medical & Emergency Evacuation, medical and rescue insurance for all Nepalese staffs during the Expedition.
Food & Fuel
- Food on the way to BC and Back in Lodge
- BC and C 2 food and fuel
- High food for C1, C2, C3 and C4 food
- Food 3 meals a day (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/Camp during the trek and BC. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs. Kailas or The north face tents will be set up while camping in sharing basis.
- Base camp tent: 1 tent per member
- High altitude tent: 1 HA tent per 2 members
- Dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent and Shower tent and cooking sets for Base Camp, Foam Mattress and Insulate Mattress
- All Necessary equipment for Campingduring the trek
- 6 bottles oxygen. (4 bottles for member and 2 bottle for Sherpa)
- 2 set mask and regulators
- Emergency Oxygen -Mask and regulator (If used, It will be paid it from user)
- Solar panel/generator at base camp for recharging
- BC Base station 1, Walkie-talkie per member 1
Group Climbing Equipment
- Epi gas, Epi gas stoves, high cooking pot sets, Insulate Mattress, sleeping bag in mountain etc.
- Gammo bag(chamber bag) at base camp for medical propose, medical kits
- We support with heaters in BC