Mountain Experience organizes this Mt. Kangtega and Mera peak climb 2019. At that time all clients and Sherpa summit. The Snow Saddle is another beautiful mountain, which rises majestically to a saddle shaped summit from the Khumbu and Hinku Valley and sits next to another prominent mountain Thamserku to the north. We take about a week to reach the Kangtega base camp situated at the bottom of the Kangtega Ice-Fall, which resembles with the infamous Khumbu Ice Fall of Mt. Everest. Setting up our base camp at 5,182m.
Though an obvious route up the mountain would be to follow the Ice Fall, we have to go for the rock face leading to a ridge around 6,070m, and rappel down for about 70m. To reach at the top of the icefall to avoid possible icefall hazards. Our approach to this mountain is start from Lukla toward Mera to the Base Camp of Kangtega.
Permit and other charge
• Expedition Royalty and permit of Nepal Government to climb Mt. Kantega, Mera Peak and Makalu National park.
Arrival and Departure
• Airport – Hotel transfers – Airport (Pick Up and Drop).
• 4 night hotel accommodation in KATHMANDU at the BB plan in twin sharing basis.
• International Air cargo clearance of Member Personal Luggage & Payment of Government taxes in Nepal. (before the expedition)
• One Government Liaison officer with full equipment, salary and accommodation.
• Stool Shipment Transfer & Garbage Deposit fees.
Flight tickets and transportation
• Domestic Flight Kathmandu/Lukla / after the expedition Dig Kharka or Khara – Lukla to Kathmandu
• The entire groups transport in Nepal as per itinerary, necessary all equipment Transportation for all Members and Staffs from Kathmandu to Lukla by air cargo and to Base camp by Porters.
• While returning: Base camp to Lukla by porters Lukla to Kathmandu by air cargo.
• 1 member 1 Climbing Sherpa
• Base camp cook and kitchen helpers as required.
• For Sherpa, cook and Porters staff insurance, Emergency Evacuation, medical and rescue insurance during the Expedition.
• Up to 30 Kg per member for personal baggage during the trek carrying by porters.
Food & Fuel
• Food 3 meals a day; Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner by Tea house/Hotel menu (BDL; including tea and coffee) along with accessible accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Tea house/during the trek and Base camp. Well-managed base camp set up for member & Staffs’
• BC food and fuel
• High food for members and other necessary, Sherpa C1 and C2 food
• Base camp tent: Each tent per member will have Kailas tent
• High altitude tent: 1 HA tent per 2 members
• At Base Camp Dinning tent, Kitchen tent, Toilet tent and Shower tent, staffs tent, and cooking sets for Base Camp, Foam Mattress, Insulate Mattress, Tables, Chairs and all necessary cooking gears.
• Heater: Heater for base camp in each Dining and other necessary camp.
• Emergency Oxygen in BC -Mask and regulator (If used, It will be paid it from user) Gamow bag, base camp medical kit, high-altitude medical kits and etcetera.
• Solar panel light at base camp for recharging
• Walkie-talkie per member 1
Group Climbing Equipment
• Rope, Ice screw, Rock piton, Snow bar, Epi gas, Epi gas stoves, high cooking pot sets, Insulate Mattress in mountain etc.
• Foam Mattress, Insulate Mattress, Tables, Chairs and all necessary cooking gears.
• Gammo bag(chamber bag) at base camp for medical propose, medical kits
• We support with heaters in BC
• All government taxes/ service charges
• Farewell Dinner in member’s standard restaurant in Kathmandu with Mountain Experience Staffs’
Airfare to and from Nepal
• Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu
• Items of personal nature expenses like; laundry, internet, phone calls etc.
• Nepal Visa fee.
• Extra hotel accommodation in Kathmandu
• Alcoholic beverages
• Emergency Evacuation costs, medical and rescue insurance
• Personal climbing clothing and equipment
• Extra Oxygen, it cost US $ 450 per bottle
• Summit bonus for Sherpa, Minimums level is US$ 500
• If you like to fly by Helicopter KTM/Lukla and Kote it cost US 3,560 For 4 person
• Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations, etc.
Minimum 4 pax