Our adventure begins with an exhilarating bus or jeep journey to Bhadar by Jiri, from where we start on the traditional Jiri to Namache Bazaar of the old Solu trek. We pass through Shivalaya – Bhandar to cross the Likhu Khola then on and up to the Lamjura Pass (3,530m) before descending Junbesi (2,668m), then on again further north east to Ringmo, and over Traksindu (3,668m) to reach Khari Khola. Then we turn due north, past Lukla, to continue on the famed Namache Bazaar, crossing the Dudh Koshi (milky river) several times.
Before entering the real Khumbu country, we enjoy temperate climate while walking through the lush forest and pastures, rolling farmlands with maize, wheat, buck wheat, barley and apples. Rhododendron and magnolia are abundant in riots of colour – a delight for photographers and flora lovers!
Following the Dudh Kosi River, we climb upwards in a north/north eastern direction past Thayangboche, Pangboche and Dingboche, all places of honour and reverence to Buddhists. Then on again due north to Lobuche (4,910m) before the final stretch to the 5,364m high Everest Base Camp. The panorama of the snowy mountains in all their everlasting grandeur will take your breath away! From Gorakshep, we climb Kala Patthar (the black rock) at 5,550m elevation and have a very close up view of the rocky west face of Mount Everest, the south col and the tremendous Khumbu Ice Fall.
• Tea house accommodation Twin Sharing basis during your EBC Trek
• All meals ( breakfast, Lunch and dinner during the trek
• Domestic flights Lukla – Kathmandu (if you request for Helicopter flight $ 500 per person each way extra additional cost)
• Sagarmatha National park entrance fee
• An experienced English speaking and government – licensed guide
• Porter service ( 2 trekkers: 1 porter)
• Guide and porter salary, insurance, domestic airfare , food and accommodation
• Kathmandu to Bhandar private Transportation
• Trekking TIMS card
• First aid kit
Cost does not included:
• International flights
• Nepal visa fee
• Personal travel medical insurance
• Hotel accommodation and meals during your stay in Kathmandu
• Emergency Rescue Helicopter Service cost
• Personal gear/ equipments
• Boiled drinking water
• Alcohol & soft drinks
• Hot Showers
• Tipping for guide and porter end of Trek